LAST MODIFIED: APRIL, 2020
Chip Munn and ChipMunn.com (“Company” or “We”) respect your privacy and are committed to protecting it through our compliance with this policy.
This policy applies to information we collect:
- On this Website.
- In email, text, and other electronic messages between you and this Website.
- Through mobile and desktop applications you download from this Website, which provide dedicated non-browser-based interaction between you and this Website.
- When you interact with our advertising and applications on third-party websites and services, if those applications or advertising include links to this policy.
- It does not apply to information collected by: us offline or through any other means, including on any other website operated by
- Company or any third party (including our affiliates and subsidiaries); or any third party (including our affiliates and subsidiaries), including through any application or content (including advertising) that may link to or be accessible from or on the Website.
Please read this policy carefully to understand our policies and practices regarding your information and how we will treat it. If you do not agree with our policies and practices, your choice is not to use our Website. By accessing or using this Website, you agree to this
Children Under the Age of 13
Our Website is not intended for children under 13 years of age. No one under age 13 may provide any information to or on the Website. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 13. If you are under 13, do not use or provide any information on this Website or on or through any of its features. If we learn we have collected or received personal information from a child under 13 without verification of parental consent, we will
delete that information.
Information We Collect About You and How We Collect It
We collect several types of information from and about users of our Website, including
- by which you may be personally identified, such as name, postal address, e-mail address, telephone number, or any other identifier by which you may be contacted online or offline (“personal information”); that is about you but individually does not identify you; and/or about your internet connection, the equipment you use to access our Website and usage details.
- We collect this information:
- Directly from you when you provide it to us.
- » Automatically as you navigate through the site. Information collected automatically
- may include usage details, IP addresses, and information collected through cookies,
- web beacons, and other tracking technologies.
- Information You Provide to Us.
- The information we collect on or through our Website may include:
- » Information that you provide by filling in forms on our Website. This includes information
- provided at the time of subscribing to our service, posting material, or requesting
- further services. We may also ask you for information when you report a problem
- with our Website.
- » Records and copies of your correspondence (including email addresses), if you
- contact us.
- » Your responses to surveys that we might ask you to complete for research purposes.
- » Your search queries on the Website.
You also may provide information to be published or displayed (hereinafter, “posted”) on
public areas of the Website or transmitted to other users of the Website or third parties
(collectively, “User Contributions”). Your User Contributions are posted on and transmitted
to others at your own risk. Although we limit access to certain pages, please be aware that
no security measures are perfect or impenetrable. Additionally, we cannot control the actions
of other users of the Website with whom you may choose to share your User Contributions.
Therefore, we cannot and do not guarantee that your User Contributions will not be viewed
by unauthorized persons.
Information We Collect Through Automatic Data Collection
As you navigate through and interact with our Website, we may use automatic data collection
technologies to collect certain information about your equipment, browsing actions, and
» Details of your visits to our Website, including traffic data, location data, and other
communication data and the resources that you access and use on the Website.
» Information about your computer and internet connection, including your IP address,
operating system, and browser type.
The information we collect automatically is statistical data and does not include personal
information, but we may maintain it or associate it with personal information we collect in
other ways or receive from third parties. It helps us to improve our Website and to deliver
a better and more personalized service, including by enabling us to:
» Estimate our audience size and usage patterns.
» Store information about your preferences, allowing us to customize our Website
according to your individual interests.
» Speed up your searches.
» Recognize you when you return to our Website.
The technologies we use for this automatic data collection may include:
» Cookies (or browser cookies). A cookie is a small file placed on the hard drive of
your computer. You may refuse to accept browser cookies by activating the appropriate
setting on your browser. However, if you select this setting you may be unable to
access certain parts of our Website. Unless you have adjusted your browser setting
browser to our Website.
» Flash Cookies. Certain features of our Website may use local stored objects (or
Flash cookies) to collect and store information about your preferences and navigation
to, from, and on our Website. Flash cookies are not managed by the same browser
settings as are used for browser cookies. For information about managing your
privacy and security settings for Flash cookies, see Choices About How We Use and
Disclose Your Information.
» Web Beacons. Pages of our Website may contain small electronic files known as web
beacons (also referred to as clear gifs, pixel tags, and single-pixel gifs) that permit the
Company, for example, to count users who have visited those pages and for other
related website statistics (for example, recording the popularity of certain website
content and verifying system and server integrity).
» Google Analytics. Our website uses Google Analytics, a service which transmits
website traffic data to Google servers in the United States. Google Analytics does
not identify individual users or associate your IP address with any other data held by
Google. We use reports provided by Google Analytics to help us understand website
traffic and webpage usage.
We do not collect personal information automatically, but we may tie this information to
personal information about you that we collect from other sources or you provide to us.
How We Use Your Information
We use information that we collect about you or that you provide to us, including any
» To present our Website and its contents to you.
» To provide you with information, products, or services that you request from us.
» To fulfill any other purpose for which you provide it.
» To carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered
into between you and us, including for billing and collection.
» To notify you about changes to our Website or any products or services we offer or
provide though it.
» To allow you to participate in interactive features on our Website.
» In any other way we may describe when you provide the information.
» For any other purpose with your consent.
Disclosure of Your Information
We may disclose aggregated information about our users, and information that does not
identify any individual, without restriction.
We may disclose personal information that we collect or you provide as described in this
» To our subsidiaries and affiliates.
» To contractors, service providers, and other third parties we use to support our
business and who are bound by contractual obligations to keep personal information
confidential and use it only for the purposes for which we disclose it to them.
» To fulfill the purpose for which you provide it.
» For any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information.
» With your consent.
» We may also disclose your personal information:
» To comply with any court order, law, or legal process, including to respond to any
government or regulatory request.
» and other agreements, including for billing and collection purposes.
Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information
We strive to provide you with choices regarding the personal information you provide to us.
We have created mechanisms to provide you with the following control over your information:
Tracking Technologies and Advertising. You can set your browser to refuse all or some
browser cookies, or to alert you when cookies are being sent. To learn how you can manage
your Flash cookie settings, visit the Flash player settings page on Adobe’s website. If you
or not function properly.
We do not control third parties’ collection or use of your information to serve interest-based
advertising. However, these third parties may provide you with ways to choose not to have
your information collected or used in this way. You can opt out of receiving targeted ads
from members of the Network Advertising Initiative (“NAI”) on the NAI’s website.
material changes to how we treat our users’ personal information, we will notify you through
at the top of the page. You are responsible for ensuring we have an up-to-date active and
deliverable email address for you, and for periodically visiting our Website and this privacy
policy to check for any changes.